See here for currently open positions and Bsc/MSc projects in my group. In addition, I encourage direct applications for projects that have an independent financing, such as Ambizione or Marie-Curie fellowships. For an overview of possible independent Postdoc funding, see here: UZH Postdoc funding.
If you have a project idea and a financing plan, please contact me, sending me your CV, two addresses of academic references as well as a 1–2 page summary of your project plan.
Available BSc or MSc projects:
- Does the community matter? Species responses to environmental change in a community context. Details MSc project: Project description
- Measuring aquatic biodiversity in the river Rhine using environmental DNA (eDNA). Details MSc project: Project description
- Habitat matching under environmental stress: how population performance, niche construction and dispersal affect habitat- matching predictions. Details MSc project: Project description
- Hidden in the dark: Ecology and faunistics of groundwater amphipods in Switzerland using a citizen science approach. Details MSc Project: Project description
- Resilience of meta-ecosystems: how openness and diversity buffer for ecosystem functioning under perturbation. Details MSc project: Project description
- Transport and decay of environmental DNA (eDNA) in rivers: Develop laboratory and field experiments to directly release and capture artificial eDNA molecules and compare their detection and quantification to model predictions. Details MSc project: Project description
Species responses to environmental stress: how eutrophication alters size and biomass distributions. Details BSc project: Project description